logo



Happy Rakshabandhan ~ Chat & Milkshake

Happy Rakshabandhan ~ Chat & Milkshake



W
ishing everyone Happy Rakshabandhan, hope everyone is celebrating with much fun fare and joy.

It's been few years since I tied Rakhi to my brother and this year I'm hosting the Rakhi-Thread of Love event, I'm missing much more my brother this time :( so here wishing my brother very Happy Rakhi.

I wanted to prepare something sweet for today but later I changed my mind and made Radga Chat or Papadi Chat. Whenever I visit Delhi, having all the chats and pakodis are must for me. I find Delhi chats very different from what we get in Chennai, Bangalore or Hyderabad. I had ragda chat first time in Delhi and got hooked to it. This is my first attempt to make the same, it came okie but there is lot of room for improvement I guess :).

Ingredients:
Vada - 8-10 nos (urad dal vada)
Papadi - 10-15 nos
Green Chutney - 1/2 cup
Sweet Chutney - 1/4 cup
Potato - 1 big (boiled and cut in cubes)
Curd - 1/2 cup
Chat masala powder - 2tbs
Cumin powder - 2tbs
Redchilli powder - 1/4 tps
Salt - to taste
Method:
1. Soak vada in hot water for 30mins to 1hr. Drain the excess water and keep aside.
2. Cut the potato in cubes add little salt, 1/4tps redchilli powder, 1/2 tps chat masala.
3. Beat curd with 4 tps cumin powder and salt
4. In a severing plate place 2 vada mashed a bit, 2-3 papadi broken in large pieces, potato pieces few. Top up with 3-4 tbs of curd, 2tbs of both chutney, a pinch of cumin powder, chat masala.
5. Repeat step 4 for the rest.
6. Delicious ragda or papdi chat is ready.

And Chat & Milkshake is for Rakhi-Thread of Love event.

Also, prepared Chocolate Milkshake.

Method:

1. In a blender add 2up milk, 5tbs of chocolate powder, 1/2tps coffee powder, 4tbs suger, few ice cubes.
2. Blend for 3-4mins and server.

PS: Do send your entries soon, last date for the
Rakhi-Thread of Love event is 20th Aug '08

22 comments:

  1. Hi Priti, Happy Rakshabandhan! Love the Ragda chat. I will surely try this tomorrow itself, for Sunday evening tea snack. Chocolate milkshake looks yum!:-) I too made chat for my brother on Thursday evening, and eggless cake with cocoa powder and nuts with instant vanilla flavour cake mix (in a cooker, I don'r bake, as you know).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Rakshabandhan ! Great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Priti,

    Happy Rakshabandhan..

    I love chat..Your chat and milkshake are very tempting :-). It actually drove me to go to my kitchen and make one..

    Paru

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow..nice chaat..liked your shake too..haapy rakshabandhan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow chocalate milkshake and chaat very nice menu...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Rakhsabandhan da...n luv padi chat...I dont Have anything(coffee,tea nor any choco drink..),but hope my kidoo would like this..I though i missed out ur event 20th?Will send it soon...We dont celebrate though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chat and milkshake are very delicious!:-) Happy Rakshabandhan to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dear...
    Fantastic Entry... looks nice & Amazing... Nice click...I love all chat items..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Rakshabandhan ! Your chat and milkshake are very tempting :-))Great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi priti,
    happy rakshabandhan!!!
    HMMMM milk shake is mouth watering..

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehehehe...that was funny priti..i liked the name soo much...ur both chat and drink looks awesome...i used to make same preparation 4milkshake but instead of powder i add hershey's chocolatesyrup..happy rakshabandhan...mee to missing my brother :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. loved the chat N chocolate milkshake is my all time favourite .. Happy Rakshabandhan to you

    ReplyDelete
  13. check my blog... surprise is there...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Priti, thanks for visiting my site.
    Glad to discover yours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi dear h r u chat and milkshake mmmmm i like that combo that ragda hmmm so yummmy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chats are always on my fav list and milkshakes look good too..nice entry.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ragda chaat ekdum takatak hai and saath mein chocolate milkshake mast hai

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chat is looking yummy and milkshake is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Rakshabandhan to u too, and mouthwatering chat, love this milkshake :))

    ReplyDelete
  20. mouth-watering entries Priti! Happy rakhi (belated)!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That chaat looks very different - yummy. Chocolate milkshake would've made the perfect accompiment.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow you made this chat from urad dal vadas....
    seems really tempting along with yummy chocolate milkshake

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Indian Khana. Stay Connected with
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest