logo



Birthday Celebration Continues....Part III

Birthday Celebration Continues....Part III



H
i Guys, So all gud? Well, am back with another slot of the celebration. Check Part I and Part II here please. Let's go straight to the recipes...before that here's the thali...





Main Menu

Chickpeas Salad - Click here for recipe

Stuffed Capsicum - Click here for recipe

Dum Aloo - Click here for recipe

Paneer Jalfrezi - Click here for recipe

Boondi Raita - Click here for recipe

Daal

Hmmm you really don't want to know my daal blunder!...Ok here is what happened, I was so tempted with Preety's Daal Makhani, so I thought let's try. I know you guys must be thinking wrong timing for trying isn't it? But I did tried the stuffed capsicum, paneer jalfrezi, stuffed dates, chickpeas salad all for the first time too...ya, am like that!!...

so I all set for the Daal and soaked everything and followed her recipe just the same, everything was going well after I finishing making the daal I kept wondering why the dal colour if not same at least somewhere close to Preety's ones...and then it stuck me..OMG! I did a blunder..instead of BLACK Urad Daal, I used the normal (white) urad daal, now can you believe that? I red her recipe so many times but somehow every time I missed the [black urad daal]....hmmm.

So for lunch we had daal, rice, I asked DH howz the daal he said okie...then he asked me what daal it is and I told him it's Daal Makhani...he told me pls don't say that to anyone ;)...hehehe..In my mind it was like what the hack...what to do now. So DH told me just add some khatta to it it should be okie and I did the same added some tamarind paste, salt and trust me the daal taste so gud..infact everyone liked it too :-)...so here is a look on my so call daal makhani!




Paratha

Paratha is normal simple one.

Ingredients:

Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Oil - For brushing
Water

Method:

1. Make dough of wheat flour and water. [You can add salt in the dough too, normally I don't]
2. Divide the dough in equal portions or make medium lemon size balls.
3. Roll in circle, apply few drops of oil and spread. Now fold it in triangle or square.
For triangle:
a. In circle roti apply oil and fold into half.
b. Again apply few drops of oil and fold into half. You will get triangle shape.
c. Roll it again, make sure the edges are not very thick.

For Square:

a. In circle roti apply oil, fold right corner of roti into center it will be 1/3 of roti.
b. Fold left corner into center too. So it will be 2 folds.
c. Apply few drops of oil and now again there will be 2 folds from left and right and you will get square shape.
d. Roll again to make it bigger.

4. Heat a tawa or griller and cook the paratha both sides for 2mins each. Apply oil/ghee or butter.




Jeera Rice


I do have few version of jeera rice, and this one is a bit different again.

Check here the different types of Jeera(Cumin) Rice

Simple basic Jeera Rice
Jeera Rice in Pressure Cooker
Jeera Rice in Pressure Cooker with spices and raisins
Jeera(Cumin) Pepper Rice from leftovers


Seem like am fascinated with jeera rice ;)....let's checkout this version of jeera rice which I made in electric rice cooker.

Ingredients:

Rice - 2 cups
Dry Red Chilli - 10-12nos
Peas - 1/4 cup
Cumin Seeds - 1tbsp
Garlic - 5 pods
Ghee - 3tbsp
Oil - 2tbsp
Water - 4 cups
Salt - to taste

Method:

1. Clean and wash the rice, keep side.
2. Crush the garlic.
3. In a pan or wok heat ghee and oil, add cumin and let it splutter.
4. Add dry chilli and garlic saute for 30secs.
5. Add washed rice, peas and mix well, cook for 2mins.
6. Add water, salt mix well.
7. Re-place the rice and water in to electric rice cooker pot and cook until done. OR cover the pan with lid and cook until done.



White Rice - Perhaps some day I will post :)

And this post goes to Rak's Cooking For Guests” Event

30 comments:

  1. Lovely. That's a grand feast. I just had my dinner and your's makes me hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yumm and thanks for sharing the recipe..forget the dal blunder..you created something new after all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww! Your celebrations look really royal and amazing!!!
    Amazing platter I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent thali and ofcourse very innovative recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. grand feast priti..u make hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely feast Priti...everything looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, Priti dear! What a spread you have made:D Happy Ganesh Chathurthi to you and family:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow a nice spread priti. no doubt ur hubby had a great birthday

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Birthday tha ki shaadi tha.....DH is truly lucky...Wish you & hubby a Happy Ganesh Chaturthi.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks U all :)

    Sukanya dear...bday hi tha.....heheh ..thansk dear wish you the same

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely and mouthwatering dishes...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please do check my blog for my First cooked food event....do participate in it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please do check my blog for my First cooked food event....do participate in it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow......so many yummylicious recipes....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Ganesh Chathurthi to you and family dear ... What a amazing round up you made ... Bookmarked ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Ganesh Chathurthi to you and family dear ... What a amazing round up you made ... Bookmarked ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy ganesh chaturthi to you & your family dear :)
    What a lovely and fabulous spread .
    Soup 'N Juice Event is going on in my blog.Please do participate in it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. yummy thats all can say again,.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Priti thanks for your comments, everything is ok because it is summer vacation, kids are at home so couldn't post anything. Finally had time to post something today. Thanks for checking dear, don't know what is the problem with the post comment, got to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I too am a big fan of jeera rice :) I like the one simply we make in pressure cooker :) Thanks for sending to the event :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It had been quiet long since I saw these north Indian dishes...

    waah! saare swaad phir se zaban pe aa gaye

    ReplyDelete
  23. Many a times my hubby has given me tips too....:)nd dal vth urad...never hearby the way ur daal luks gud....vch u call as daal makhani :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Indian Khana. Stay Connected with
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest